Young people and students can get huge savings on rail travel with a £20 OFF three-year 16-25 Railcard promo code 2017 offer. Enjoy 1/3 OFF train travel in Britain and SAVE on average £570* over three years.
Summer Flash Sale! 20% OFF 1-Year 16-25 Railcards. Hurry ends soon!
Here’s the latest and up to date online exclusive 2017 3-year 16-25 student railcard promo code offers.
16-25 Young Persons Railcard Promotional Code 2017 – Quick Links
- 16-25 Student Railcard Promo Code 3-Year 2017 – SAVE £20
- 16-25 Student Railcard Promo Code 1-Year 2017 – 20% OFF
- What Is a 16-25 Railcard?
- Can Mature Students Get a Three-Year 16-25 Railcard?
- What Discounts Are Available with a Three-Year 16-25 Railcard?
What Is a 16-25 Railcard?
The 16-25 Railcard (also known as Student Railcard) can be used by both young people between the age of 16 and 25, and students. In the past, it was called a Young Person’s Railcard, but nowadays it’s known as the 16-25 Railcard.
16-25 Railcard (3-year) and (1-year) holders get 1/3 OFF train travel in Britain.
You can get a three-year 16-25 Railcard or one-year railcard.
Who is eligible for a 3-year 16-25 Railcard?
You can get a 3-year 16-25 Railcard right up until the week before your 24th birthday. If you do so, it will expire just before your 27th birthday.
When you’re 25 years old, you can’t get a three-year 16-25 Railcard but can get a one-year railcard.
To maximise the savings on train travel in Britain we recommend you purchase a three-year 16-25 Railcard the week before you’re 24 years old. This will ensure that you get the £20 saving on the railcard, compared to buying three one-year railcards.
Make sure you apply for a three-year 16-25 Railcard a few working days before you’re 24 years old. Don’t miss out in 2017 on extra savings!
Who is eligible for a 16-25 Student Railcard?
If you’re between the age of 16 and 25 years old, you’re eligible for both a three-year and one-year railcard. To get your railcard online you’ll need a debit or credit card, a valid UK driving license or international passport, and a digital passport sizes photo. It will be delivered free within five working days.
Everyone between the ages of 16 and 25 is eligible for a 16-25 Railcard. That includes visitors to Britain and overseas students studying in the UK. You will need a UK delivery address if you’re ordering it online.
Mature students are eligible for a 16-25 Student Railcard. However, they can only get a 1-year railcard. There is more information below for mature students.
How does it work?
Can Mature Students Get a 3-Year 16-25 Railcard?
Mature students can only get a one-year 16-25 Student Railcard. Mature students will need:
- To be attending a recognised university or college for over 15 hours per week, at least 20 hours per week. Unfortunately, Open University and other distance learning or part-time courses do not qualify
- To have the mature student section of the 16-25 Student Railcard application completed by the university or college
- Have a University/College photocard or NUS card as proof of identity
What Discounts Are Available with a 3-Year 16-25 Railcard?
For starters, you SAVE £20 with a 2017 3-year 16-25 Railcard promotional code before you’ve even travelled.
Manchester to London Return Savings Over Three Years
Let’s say that you’re living in Manchester and want to visit your family in London for the weekend. For starters, you can get cheaper tickets if you book with Virgin Trains as you will not pay any fees or card charges.
You want to get an early train on Friday and travel home Sunday evening. Getting the tickets in advance without a railcard saving would cost £72 (two single fares at £36).
With a 16-25 Student Railcard, the same return journey would cost £47.50. Just on that journey alone, you’ll SAVE £24.50.
If you did that half a dozen times in 2017, you would SAVE £147 a year. Over three years you would SAVE £441 for just an initial £70 outlay on a three-year 16-25 Student Railcard.
With no limit on the number of times you use the railcard, the savings can be huge.
When can I use my 3-year 16-25 Railcard?
In 2017 both one-year and three-year railcards entitle you to 1/3 OFF Standard Anytime and Off-Peak fares, Standard Advance and First Class Advance.
You can save on the following types of tickets:
- Standard Anytime and Anytime Day Single and Returns
Standard Off-Peak and Off-Peak Day Singles and Returns
- Standard and First Class Advance (booked before you travel)
- Gatwick Express, Stansted Express, Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect Services
- Most Rail Rovers
- Oyster Off-Peak pay as you go Daily Price Cap and Off-Peak pay as you go single fares for journeys on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway
- Off-Peak Day Travelcard Zones 1-6 and some ticket types offered by individual train companies – please enquire locally for details
- Anytime Day Travelcard Zones 1-6 when bought as part of ticket to London from outside the London Zones area (Subject to minimum fare of £17)
- Caledonian Sleeper dedicated tickets: Standard Sleeper Seat, Standard Sleeper Berth (Twin), Standard Sleeper Berth (Solo), First Class Sleeper Berth.
- PLUSBUS tickets
16-25 Student Railcard Promo Code 3-Year 2017 – SAVE £20
16-25 1-Year Student Railcard Promo Code 20% OFF 2017
Expired 16-25 Student Railcard Discount Code Offers
20% OFF 1-Year 16-25 Student Railcard Promotional Code Offer
* Online Exclusive Offer *
1/3 OFF Train Travel in Britain
SAVE £179* per year
Use Voucher Code: Search10
20% OFF 16-25 Student Railcard >>
Get saving today with a 2017 three-year 16-25 Student Railcard promo code.