Forest Holidays Keldy in North Yorkshire has everything you need for a relaxing, family friendly holiday or short break. Situated in the North York Moors National Park, it’s an idyllic spot to kick back for a memorable holiday. Nature lovers will love the green and lush setting, with wildlife all around.
It’s a great value, green getaway as Forest Holidays Keldy is recognised for being environmentally friendly. Throughout the year, there are great deals, and late availability offers on holidays and short breaks.
Accommodation – cabins
Accommodation at Forest Holidays Keldy is modern log cabins set between the trees. Most are well suited for families or groups, and all cabins have the following options:
- Two, three or four bedrooms
- Double and twin rooms
- Separate showers and en suite
- Private terrace & outdoor furniture
- Kitchen – well equipped
- Flatscreen TV and DVD in most
- Disability friendly
- Bike rack
- Dog friendly options (except with Golden Oak Treehouse Cabin)
Extras and more luxurious cabins
If you want that little bit extra, cabins are available with the following options:
- Deluxe & luxurious master bedrooms (some with complimentary slippers and bathrobe)
- Outdoor hot tub
- Sauna with en suite bath and shower (Golden Oak Tree House only)
- Sumptuous fittings
- Bed linen, duvets, pillows and towels
- Log burning stove
- Wii games console
If you want to relax in your cabin and simply potter about on foot or bike, the Forest Holidays Keldy resort has everything you need including:
- Shop for groceries, ready made meals and bakery
- BBQ area
- Games room with table tennis and pool table
- Children’s play area
- Forest Experience room
- Forest Retreat
Activities in and around the Forest Holdiays Keldy resort are plentiful and suitable for everyone depending on the level of fun, education or adventure you are looking for.
Easily accessible activities
- Mountain bike hire for all ages
- Forest trails for walking and cycling
Forest ranger activities
- Young Explorer – games and crafts based on the natural environment
- Forest Survival – build a shelter and, learn bush craft and survival skills
- Dusk Watch – wildlife watching on an evening forest walk
- Mountain Biking – forest trails to develop and test skills
- Wild Walking – 1,400 miles of trails to explore in the North York Moors National Park
- Climbing – introductory and learning to use specialised equipment
- Tailor Made Adventure – personalised activities with your own instructor
Green and Eco Policy
Forest Holidays Keldy is committed to limiting their impact on the environment and guests can spend all of their break on foot or bike. They have a ‘green’ champion on site and are passionate about protecting the natural habitat. In recognition of their efforts, Forest Holidays Keldy has a ‘Silver’ award from the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
Customers are encouraged to save energy by switching off lights in their cabins when not in use, recycling their waste and saving water by turning off taps. Local transport options are available for those who arrive without a car, or want to leave their vehicle at the resort when they go out.
Forest Holidays Keldy have made the resort wildlife friendly by providing bird boxes, bat boxes and bug hotels. Bird feeders are around the resort, so you’ll benefit from listening to their beautiful songs. Also, shredded recycled paper is used for rabbit beds.
We’re sure that you’ll have a great time at the Forest Holidays Keldy resort. You’ll get peace of mind that it’s booked through a company who care about the environment.
Keep an eye on special offers and late availability deals throughout the year.
About Forest Holidays
Forest Holidays is a partnership between the Forestry Commission and the The Camping and Caravanning Club. The Forestry Commission is a government department responsible for the conservation and protection of forests and woodlands throughout the UK. Every year they plant 24 million trees to ensure that forests are managed in a sustainable way.