If your thinking of heading to Amsterdam or Cologne this summer – you can pick up Thalys train tickets at a bargain HALF PRICE for a limited time only.
- One way fares from Paris and Brussels to Amsterdam are only £26
- One way fares to Cologne from Brussels are only £17
How do I book?
To get this amazing deal on Thalys train tickets we recommend that you book the journey in two legs. That way you are more likely to get the best deals. What’s more – you can stop off on the way and have lunch, or take in an art gallery.
1) 1st leg – London to Paris or Brussels
Thalys train tickets – 50% OFF Deal
2) 2nd leg – Paris or Brussels to Amsterdam or Cologne (or stations in between)
This leg must be booked through Rail Europe
- You must book your journey between Tuesday 14th June up till Saturday 9th July 2011
- For the HALF PRICE deal travel must be between 11th July and Wednesday 31st August 2011
Trains are very frequent on this part of the European high speed rail network. During peak periods they run every 10 minutes. Journey times to Cologne or Amsterdam are just over 3 hours from Paris and under 2 hours from Brussels.
Why Thalys trains?
When you buy Thalys train tickets you are guaranteed European rail travel in modern comfort and style.
- High speed European rail travel at up to 186mph (300kph)
- Spacious comfortable seating with headrest, footrest and table
- Reliable wi-fi is available and you can buy access cards on board for Standard Class (Comfort 2), whilst First Class (Comfort 1) is FREE
- First Class (Comfort 1) Thalys train tickets are available if you want to travel in luxury
If travelling to Europe by rail is not green enough for you, there’s a bunch of further eco options.
- Bikes – you can take these on board as carry on luggage. Either fold down or take the front wheel off and ensured it’s loosely covered in a package 120cm x 90cm
- Sustainable food – Thalys has special Momentum menus where they guarantee seasonal foods, organic where possible and using regional suppliers
* Check the Rail Europe website for full terms and conditions