National Trust Family Membership is a fantastic, great value option for days out in Britain this summer. Visit hundreds of fun and exciting places across the country from gardens, parks, beaches, woodland, countryside, castles and houses.
There are also summer special deals such as Kids Go Free and Wild Child nature activities.
Kids Go Free – save money for summer
This summer, the ‘Kids Go Free’ deal is available at hundreds of properties throughout England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Two children can get FREE entry to National Trust sites per paying adult. Whether you want to explore historic houses or discover nature in the great outdoors, it’s a great way to spend your days and save money.
It’s not often you get a freebie, so what are you waiting for? There’s a whole world of fun and adventure for the entire family. To find out which places are running this fantastic promotion and download the required vouchers, visit the National Trust website.
National Trust Family Membership
National Trust Family Membership is an excellent value for enjoying fun days throughout the summer. There’s so much to see and do, and it lasts for a whole year.
National Trust Family Membership includes loads of other benefits such as FREE entry and parking at over 300 gardens and houses, FREE parking at most sites (including countryside, woodland and coastal), FREE members’ handbook, regional newsletters, the National Trust exclusive members’ magazine and much more.
National Trust Family Membership is flexible and has a range of different money-saving categories and costs to suit all families, such as:
Two adults and their children or grandchildren – only £133.80* per year. And families with one adult, it’s only £83.40*.
Children under 5 get FREE entry to all National Trust sites.
Discover National Trust membership discount offers and their latest promotions.
Wild Child 2022 Outdoor Summer Events
There are hundreds of ‘Wild Child’ events around the country throughout the summer holidays at gardens, parks, woodlands, countryside, and beaches. These give the kids a great chance to get up close to nature and the great outdoors.
Here’s a selection of what’s going on around England Wales in 2022.
Wild Child Weather Watch – Morden Hall Park (London)
- Whether inspired games, such as exploring the power of the sun
Wild Child Den Building – Ightham Mote (Kent)
- Learn how to build a den in the Ightham Mote woodland
Minibeast Walk – The Vyne (Hampshire)
- Discover the world of minibeasts on a warden led walk
Across the Solent stretch of water, the Isle of Wight has abundant outdoor activities for children. It’s an excellent place to explore the natural world with stunning coastal views and countryside walks. See my Isle of Wight National Trust guide to nature to find out more.
Den Building Day – Brownsea Island (Dorset)
- Learn how to build a den using natural materials with the Brownsea ranger team
Wild Child Wednesdays – Castle Drogo (Devon)
- Weekly fun-filled nature activities, such as den building, bushcraft, river dipping and much more
Pond Bugs and Beasties – East Devon Jurassic Coast (Devon)
- Discover the world of pond bugs and beasties with the ranger
Devon’s long coastline and green rolling hills make it great for exploring the outdoors. Take your children on some of my favourite National Trust walks in Devon to discover nature and wildlife.
And further down the coast, Cornwall is a haven for wildlife with a dramatic coastline of pristine beaches and jagged rocks. Check out my National Trust nature walks in Cornwall for unforgettable experiences family experiences.
Wildlife Day – Snowshill Manor and Garden (Gloucestershire)
- Meet some of the smallest animal residents that live in the garden and surrounding fields
Wild Child Family Fun Days – Baddesley Clinton (West Midlands)
- Wildlife workshops, storytelling and crafts
Dragons, Damsels and Lake Dipping – Berrington Hall (Herefordshire)
- Bug hunting in the parkland and lake
Twilight Woodland Walks – Colby Woodland Garden (Pembrokeshire)
- Discover what comes out of the woods at night on a family-friendly evening walk with a wildlife expert
Wild Child Summer Camp – Co. Down (Northern Ireland)
- Exciting, fun and educational week in the great outdoors
Wild Child Forest Schools – Allten Banks and Staward Gorge (Northumberland)
- Family fun in the woods building shelters, open fires and more
Geocaching Taster Day – Calke Abbey (Derbyshire)
- Treasure hunt using GPS with warden guidance
Nature Detectives – Ilam Park and South Peak Estate (Derbyshire)
- Explore summertime wildlife on the nature trail and hands-on activities at the learning centre
Batty Bats and Mad Moths – Sheringham Park (Norfolk)
- Family-friendly look at nighttime creatures such as bats and moths
Bee There or Bee Square – Ickworth (Suffolk)
Celebration of bees and activities with the beekeeper
Make the most of these fun-packed family days out; for more information, visit http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/
* Prices quoted are for 2022