The Swiss Pass offers the best value for travel in Switzerland. Simply buy one ticket and get unlimited travel on rail, boats, buses and trams. For all seasons, the Swiss Pass offers unbeatable value and there’s a range of flexible options to suit your trip.
Switzerland is probably the best place in Europe to travel around entirely by public transport, making for a green, eco-friendly holiday destination, made even easier with the Swiss Pass. And yes, their trains really do run like clockwork – Switzerland has a fantastic transport network.
Tour Switzerland with the Swiss Pass
Visitors to this small but perfectly formed Alpine nation can make the most of a holiday with the flexible Swiss Pass. Just look at what it offers:
- unlimited travel on consecutive days throughout the extensive Swiss Travel System rail, bus and boat network
- 15% reduction on the Swiss Pass price if two or more people travel together at all times
- flexible durations – choose a 4, 8, 15, 22-day or one-month pass
- includes uses of local trams and buses in 38 Swiss towns and cities
- offers a 50% discount on most of Switzerland’s stunning mountaintop train and cable car rides
- complimentary Swiss Museum Pass – absolutely FREE entrance to around 450 museums and galleries
- kids under 6 years travel free
- kids from 6 to 15 years go free with the Swiss Pass Family Card when accompanied by at least one parent
Travel across Switzerland by train, boat, bus and trams
The Swiss Pass lets you make the most of a holiday to Switzerland. From the stately capital Geneva to bustling Zurich, the idyllic shores of Lake Lucerne to the mountainous Italian border, the journeys can be as memorable as the destinations.
The Swiss Pass includes travel on some of the country’s finest scenic routes. Ride the classic scenic route from Montreux to Lucerne on the Golden Pass Line or take the Bernina Express, climbing above 2,000m and dipping in and out of Italy as you journey from Davos to Tirano.
For a small supplement you could even take the William Tell Express, first boarding a historic paddle wheel steamer to cruise across Lake Lucerne. Docking at lakeside Flüelen, you’ll then be whisked away by the Gotthard Railway to Locarno, navigating the 10-mile-long Gotthard Tunnel en route.
The inclusion of bus and tram services in most of Switzerland’s major towns is an added bonus, meaning you’ll be able to make the most of your destinations once you’ve arrived.
Superb value Swiss travel
You’ll find the Swiss Pass excellent value. For example, a family of four with two adults and two children under 15 can get a 15-day Swiss Pass in August for less than £500! That’s for unlimited travel on trains, buses and boats across Switzerland. When you factor in the included city transport and Swiss Museum Pass, it makes for even better value.
Flexible pass options make travel even easier
As well as the Swiss Pass, there are other convenient options for travelling in Switzerland.
The Swiss Flexi Pass
The Swiss Flexi Pass is an option if you already know which days you want to travel on during your stay in Switzerland. It includes:
- unlimited train, bus and boat travel for 3, 4, 5 or 6 days of your choice within a one-month period
- FREE travel on scenic routes plus local trams and buses in 38 towns and cities included on the chosen days
- Swiss Museum Pass gives FREE entrance to hundreds of museums and galleries during the chosen days
- half-price travel on the Swiss Travel Systems network on the days the Swiss Flexi Pass doesn’t cover
- 15% reduction if two or more people are travelling together on all journeys
- children from 6-15 years travel free with a Family Card if accompanied by at least one parent
- children under 6 years travel free with no Family Card required
The Swiss Card
The Swiss Card is an excellent alternative to the standard Swiss Pass if you’re planning to spend your time in just one region of Switzerland. It is valid for one month and includes:
- transfers from the airport or Swiss border to your destination
- unlimited half-price train, bus and boat tickets
- discounted travel on some cable cars
- FREE travel for 6 to 15-year-olds if travelling with at least one parent on a family card
- FREE travel for all under 6s – no family card needed